The following article was found in the February 28, 1908 Butler Times:
As of Sunday the name of Saxon Station will be changed to Cabot, in honor of Godfrey Cabot the Boston millionaire who has several industries in that section of the county. The change in the name of the station is arousing considerable hard feeling among Saxonburg residents, who made an effort to have the name changed to East Saxonburg, but their efforts were of no avail. The name change has been decided by the railroad and postal authorities.
Residents of Saxonburg desired to have the whole section known as Saxonburg. Bessemer station, west of town was changed some moths ago to West Saxonburg. It was desired of the boomers of the old town to have West Penn station take the name of the town as well. As Saxonburg is about midway between the tow stations it would have been a large piece of about 5 mile east and west.